Bookkeeping and Accounting | Basic
In this workshop, you will be introduced to concepts, terminology, and practices of basic bookkeeping. You will learn how documents such as invoices, purchase orders, receipts, bank deposit slips, and paychecks represent transactions that help companies maintain control and improve performance.
Students will learn:
• the accounting equation: Assets = Liabilities + Equity
• cash basis accounting versus accrual accounting
• basic accounting terminology and concepts
• elements of the balance sheet and profit and loss statement
• the difference between customers, vendors, and employees
• purchase orders, invoices, receipts, and checks
• computerized accounting
Prerequisites: Basic computer knowledge and MS Excel experience required.